Technology trends in 2021
Technology and also the tools that it creates have certainly evolved at a rapid pace.
It has also resulted in shifting the manner in which the world operates, primarily in business. Technology can certainly change in almost no time due to a major increase in efficiency, ability, and accessibility happening in the last few years. These technological factors have resulted in reshaping the operational performance across different industries. In this article, we will offer you Technological facts of 2021 that you must know:
From a technical point of view, a Blockchain allows untrusting parties to have common interests for co-creating a permanent, transparent, and unchangeable record of exchange and processing without depending upon any central authority. Blockchain has several applications and can be used for exchange, agreements, and payments. There are several entities in the world that have now successfully incorporated Blockchain in their business operations. There is plenty scope for Blockchain technology’s future in developing countries across the world.
Following are some of the technological facts related to the incorporation of Blockchain in 2021:
- One of the biggest banks in the world, HSBC is now replacing paper records with a blockchain based platform for tracing almost $10 billion in private.
- It is expected that by the end of 2024, global corporations will spend nearly $20 billion annually for blockchain based.
- As of 2021, 28% of companies worldwide are expected to invest nearly $5 million and $10 million in blockchain technology.
- Financial institutions have spent nearly $590 million on projects that are blockchain powered.
- Nearly 20 countries across the world have adopted or researched the concept of a national cryptocurrency.
The developments made within the area of cybersecurity have been alarming. Due to the fact that the usage of smart devices across the world increases, so does the opportunities for cybercriminals to attack. Below are some of the cybersecurity technology facts 2021:
- In the year 2021, the demand for cybersecurity will increase significantly. A recent research guided by independent security association (ISC) estimated that there is a demand of $4 million cybersecurity professionals
- As of2021, 64% of companies experienced web-based attacks. 58% of those companies have experienced social engineering. 59% of the companies have experienced botnets. Moreover, 51% of the malicious codes have experienced denial of service.
- Due to the fact that business infrastructure gets connected the cybercrime would cost businesses more than $2 trillion total in monitoring this.
Personalized and predictive medicine
At present, technology is changing healthcare at an exceptional speed. Human’s capability to gather information from wearable gadgets, like smart-watches will allow them to progressively anticipate and find cures to medical problems before symptoms are faced by the people. As far as the treatment is concerned, more modified methodologies will be seen. Below we will have a glance regarding facts about technology linked to personalized and predictive medicine in 2021 for greater customized and successful cures to make sure improved results for patients:
- The worldwide personalized medicine market was worth $96.8 billion.
- It is expected that the personalized and predictive medicine market will grow by 10.9% from 2019-2026 and it will reach to $218.2 billion by;
- By 2028, it is estimated that predictive medicine will allow nearly 34% of physicians across the world to recommend medicines and apply treatments. This is due to the information-driven comprehension of how prosperous they are for a particular
- Due to the latest developments in technology, particularly in the area of genomics and AI, it is expected that the integration of personalized medicine in genomics research will be worth $31 Billion in the future.
Augmented and Virtual Reality
For many years, researchers have assumed that virtual reality, which gives the users a totally vivid and connected 360 degree visual experience, will have the finest opportunities in gaming, amusement, and educational industries. Researchers believe increased certainty, a partially vivid yet connected experience, will help in branding and marketing of this technology. AR and VR can also improve the landscape of technology future across the world.
We have just looked at these AR and VR forecasts work out as planned as the gaming industry keeps on revealing games for VR headphones and brands have made use of AR for the purpose of permitting the consumers to view items like furniture in their own houses.
- As of 2019, the AR/VR market is estimated to be nearly $1.8 billion. The 43.1 million individuals in the U.S.A. have also used a VR product. 69 million used an AR device once
- In a 2018 research based in the U.K. and U.S., 90% of the participants did know what VR was but only 65% of the individuals had awareness of what AR was.
- 42% of individuals that used a VR headset at least once a month said they used a mid- range device such as Samsung Gear VR or Google
- As of 2018, 89% of the companies that had a budget between $100 million and $1 billion were experimenting through different forms of AR.
As of 2021, Artificial intelligence (AI) has been so prevalent that the different ways through which we can interact on a particular day. There are other related technologies that require a specific type of AI algorithm to function effectively. The integration of AI with other industries can help to improve the technology future. If you are not familiar with AI, there are facts about technology related to AI that you should be able to keep in mind:
- More than 42% of the companies across the world have successfully implemented artificial intelligence in some form. The total number of industries implementing AI has grown by nearly 270%
- It has been estimated that nearly 80% of all the emerging global technologies would comprise of AI by the year
- Nearly 40% of sales and marketing teams have specified that data science and machine learning AI would be an extremely crucial part of their future business
- In a 2019 F8 summit that was covered by VentureBeat, Facebook stated that it has nearly 300,000 chatbots on Facebook
- 68% of companies across the world have stated they believe AI in the near future as a result of the pressure related to cost
- It is estimated that by 2021, customers would be able to manage nearly 85% of their enterprise relationships without being required to work or interact with humans.
Big data could be defined as the huge amount of data sets collected from different sources. Such data sets cannot be stored, collected, or administered through the use of any existing traditional tools as a result of their complexity and quantity. By integrating big data analytics tools, we can collect different types of data through different sources such as digital media, business apps, machine log data, web services, etc. Below are a few of the big data technology facts 2021:
- By 2023, the big data analytics market will be worth $103
- Nearly 98% of all organizations across the world have been investing in AI and big data.
- By using big data, Netflix spares nearly $1 billion per year
- It is expected that in 2021, almost every internet user will generate nearly 1.7 megabytes
By 2021, it is expected that the entire world could be using a lightning-fast internet connection. There is no doubt in the fact that 5G technology will bring with itself colossal benefits, such as lower latency, higher capacity, and high internet speed. Such benefits can result in making major technological trends that can be witnessed in 2021 and in the years to follow. The fact can’t be denied that the implementation of 5G technologies can improve the technology future. Below are some of the 5G technology facts 2021:
- It is anticipated that 5G could add nearly 10,000 times more internet traffic. Moreover, the 5G speed browser is expected to be 20 times faster when compared with 4G
- KPMG has predicted that 5G has the capacity for amplifying nearly all of the current technologies and will be able to garner an economic value of almost $4.3 trillion worldwide.
- Almost 204 operators from 85 different countries across the world have decided to invest in 5G networks.
- The global spending on 5G infrastructure is expected to reach $2.3 billion